Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thoughts on blogs

I just wrote a blog about my thoughts on the writing process. While I’m at it, I figured I could do the same for the blog project. Confession: I didn’t appreciate the blogs until the last few weeks of class. I really wish I had made time to read other people’s blogs more consistently throughout the year instead of just whenever I had a spare moment. It’s really interesting reading other’s last few post from the past two weeks and getting their thoughts on the different presentations, their own paper, and the writing process. Especially in the seminar-style class, we have to understand the different perspectives of our peers for a fuller understanding of what we read and discuss in class. The blogs are a great way to do that.

Some things that could have made the overall blog project go smother: I really liked the few times we were given a couple of prompts to choose to write on. It gave the blogs more direction and purpose, instead of regurgitating a rambly summery of the reading. Also, I wish we had discussed what we wrote in our blogs together as a class. That way, the blogs don’t seem like a separate individual assignment but becomes part of an ongoing discussion of everything we are learning. (This might be more effective with prompts to respond to for blogs to maintain coherency in discussion.)

Also, I'm really annoyed that each of my posts thinks it's ok to switch font halfway through -_-

1 comment:

  1. I too came upon that realization too late. I was busy thinking of the blogs and an assignment instead of an opportunity. Hindsight is 20/20 though. This comment spree I'm on has really enlightened me.

    ReplyDelete